Saturday, September 7, 2013

QR Scavenger Hunt



School is back in full swing!! Starting over with beginning kindergartners is definitely a challenge.  They are so young, curious, and excited, all 19 of them. This year I tried something new with my two staggered entry days and used a QR code tour/scavenger hunt to help my students get acquainted with the building and the people in it.

We read 'The Kissing Hand' and followed the clue that Chester left for us in the classroom. My students enjoyed this chase so much more than I could have imagined!! They took turns using the iPad to scan the QR codes, eagerly listened to each clue and jumped for joy when they figured out the clues. We met important people and places, and worked on those oh so important rules while moving about in our school. It was a great time for all involved. You can check out some pictures on my schools homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment