Monday, October 29, 2012

QR Codes, Animoto, and Kit Kats






Last week I put up a bulletin board with some of the pumpkin projects my first graders made in class. We also used an iPad app to create some nifty jack-o-lanterns. I put all the images into Animoto to create a slideshow to share with the kids.
I wanted to share the Animoto with some teachers at school so I created some QR codes along with directions about how to use them.




The crew I work with used the code reader and earned a Kit Kat. I also got the guidance counselor in on the code reading action.
I've learned that bulletin boards are just not a great attention grabber. Even with the prize incentive, I only got a handful of participants. Next time I'll have to send and an email with "FREE CHOCOLATE" as the subject, then I bet I'll get a response. ;)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment