Sunday, December 11, 2011

Creating a Digital Portfolio

I have to say that this was an enjoyable task for me. I really enjoy collecting and organizing information, and it's even more fun when it is collected online. It was fun to revisit the projects from previous courses, and realize that I had lots to share on my portfolio.

I created a new page on my existing blog, hoping that each page could have a different layout. This was not the case, so my sidebar gadgets are the same on my homepage and the portfolio page. This was a bit disappointing, but maybe with some tweaking I could figure out how to have different sidebars.

The first item on the portfolio was a flyer that I created for the Differentiated Instruction course. I wanted the document to be visible, and not linked so I converted the Word document to a PDF, and then took a screen shot of it so that I could upload the file as an image. :)

I then embedded the recording of the live broadcast from this course, followed by a Prezi that I created, as well as a Glog. The final item I embedded was a Voicethread about interactions in the classroom.

The sidebar is loaded with great information about me, and my digital work. The list of courses includes all posts for the respective courses. Those blog entries include various other projects and thoughts about technology in the classroom. The links included are self-explanatory, and my Twitter feed is next.

To finish out my Digital Portfolio I included links to various Google Documents that I have created for various courses. I felt that these documents were a great example of work that I've created for use in my classroom. Finally, my YouTube channel which contains videos created by me for this program, and my classroom.

I feel like this portfolio is a great representation of myself, my work, and my work ethic.

No comments:

Post a Comment