Sunday, November 13, 2011

A request: LittleBirdTales

I wrote to LittleBirdTales, here's what I said:

Hello friends,

My name is Erin Wolfhope, and I am a Kindergarten teacher in Hildebran, North Carolina. I am a registered member of your site, eager to set up my student accounts. This site looks like a valuable resource for my students, and I can't want to share their work on your site.

While I have high praise for your work here, I have a suggestion or request for story sharing. I know that upon completion of a story the story can be shared via email, which is great! I also discovered that once the stories meet the guidelines to be public an embed code is available, for easy sharing. So, either way stories can be shared, while limited for private stories, and very easily shareable for public stories.

So here's my question, can you alter the sharing methods so that private stories can be shared more easily. This could be an embed code, a link to facebook, or a link to twitter. Alternatively you could add an additional sharing setting, and share with classmates. This could be a classroom gallery in which others could log into the gallery and see the stories the class has created.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the great resource.

Erin Wolfhope


I'll post if/when I get a response. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin,

    Thanks for your suggestions for our site. Everything you mentioned is actually already on our feature list for future releases for littlebirdtales.

    Also, any story has an embed code. If you go to the My Tales tab, each story has an Embed Code button. This allows the author to embed their own stories to any site they want.

    Let us know if you have any other questions and thanks for using our site.

    Thanks again.

    Michael Klem (Co-Founder of littlebirdtales.com)

    ReplyDelete