Sunday, November 6, 2011

Licensing my Work

Well creating a Creative Commons license is a very simple process. It was so simple that I didn't link my license right away. Thoughts ran through my head like, "That was way to easy," and "Is that the license I want?" Well, after some time, and thought I decided to keep my original license and link it on the site. I chose a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license for text only. I did not create a license for other media, as I have occasionally share personal images, and I would not want those licensed for use by others.

Here are my thoughts on my choice:

1. Attribution- If someone wants to share my thoughts, I'm surprised and honored, but would like to be credited for whatever noteworthy thing I've stated. I don't mind being shared with others, but if I take the time to share my thoughts online, I feel that those thoughts should remain mine.

2. Non-commercial- Since I've shared my thoughts freely, I feel that my thought should continue to be free. No one needs to sell my ideas or thoughts, just share them. I don't know that anyone could sell my work, but that's another topic altogether. My thoughts, I share freely, so I hope others will too.

3.No Derivatives- This is the area of the license I thought about the most. I came to the final conclusion that I wouldn't want my work altered and then credited back to me. I don't mind my thoughts being shared, but I don't want to be misrepresented by the thoughts and opinions of others being credited to me accidentally.

You can find a link to my Creative Commons license on the right side-bar. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment