Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thoughts on Inquiry Based Learning (Week 7)

Thanks to this course, my classmates, and instructor, I've learned that using inquiry based learning is not difficult or intimidating at all. So many of the examples that have been shared and talked about are engaging for students and teachers, and are FUN! Since my students are naturally curious little beings, this type of instruction will be great in my classroom. Now, I'll have to start small, but I'm eager to try some of the lessons I've designed during this course.

I think the easiest way to implement inquiry in my classroom is to simply encourage and promote questions. I want my students to ask questions, and help them with resources in order for them to form their own answers. It's this constant questioning that creates life-long learners, and that is what all of my students to become! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so right and if you focus solely on developing students questioning skills at your level you will set your students up for success down the road. Don't forget the process skills. You can also work on activities that develop these as well.

    ReplyDelete